|THE FOLLOWING IS A SAMPLE OF OUR BASIC CONTRACT - EVERY ADOPTION IS DIFFERENT AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTS, OF COURSE, WILL VARY DEPENDING UPON SHOW HOMES, PET HOMES, CO-OWNERSHIPS, ETC.|
The following terms and conditions constitute a Contract for Sale. Rights between R. Lynn Shell (hereafter referred to as Seller) and the Buyer described above, regarding the Dog described above. These are the terms and conditions entered into and agreed upon by both Buyer and Seller, acknowledging the moral and legal worth of this Contract.
This Contract is a Contract for the Sale of a Dog. All rights of ownership are hereby transferred to Buyer, except as specified in GUARANTEES BY BUYER of this article of Contract. All costs of transportation of this Dog between the parties of this Contract, for whatever reason, is the sole responsibility of the Buyer.
Any deviation from this Contract must be approved in writing by both Buyer and Seller prior to any such deviation being acted upon. If the Buyer fails to meet any of these articles listed under GUARANTEES BY BUYER, or violates any other provision of this Contract, Seller reserves the right to repossess the Dog and it's AKC registration papers. No compensation will be due Buyer at the time of repossession.
This Contract is made in the county of Collin of the state of Texas and any cause of action under it will be heard in its jurisdiction.
GUARANTEES BY SELLER
1. The Seller certifies that the Dog is a purebred Borzoi and that the pedigree is true and correct to the best of their knowledge.
2. The Dog described in this Contract is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of transfer and that all shots are current, unless otherwise stated at time of purchase.
3. Buyer has three days to have the Dog examined by a veterinarian and inform the Seller of their intention to return the Dog to the Seller due to health reasons.
4. If for any reason the Buyer is unhappy with this Dog, Seller will take Dog back immediately. Transportation is the responsibility of the Buyer.
GUARANTEES BY BUYER
1. BUYER AGREES THAT THE DOG WILL BE KEPT UP TO DATE ON ALL VACCINATIONS AND MAINTAINED IN PROPER CONDITION WITH ADEQUATE NUTRITION AND EXERCISE.
2. If kept outside, Buyer will supply adequate dog-proof fencing and adequate shelter from the elements with available shade. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE DOG BE TIED TO ANYTHING OR LEFT WITHOUT FOOD, WATER OR ADEQUATE SHADE OR SHELTER, OR BE ALLOWED TO RUN LOOSE.
3. Buyer agrees to consult Seller if he considers selling, giving away, or euthanizing the Dog before any such action is executed. Buyer must offer Seller the right of first refusal before any proposed disposition of the Dog. This does not contemplate any action that may be considered necessary medical treatment under emergency conditions by an attending veterinarian.
4. Photos of this Dog will be furnished to Seller at age 6 months, 1 year and 2 years. Seller would prefer even more photos, but these bare minimums are required as a condition of Sale.